Monday, March 22, 2010

Vagina Monologues

So, in light of my last post, here is happier news.

Advanced Directing Scene = The Vagina Monologues

I know awesome right. Here is my idea. I want to have four characters, O (ovary): the ingenue, V (vagina): the housewife, C (cunt): the lesbian, and G (g-spot): the temptress. I have split the scenes into somewhat of discourse between the characters with some individual monologues for each character. I am terribly excited. I also have looking through music and have came up with some songs to use for preshow and such.

List:
Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton
Heart of Glass - Blondie
Hunter - Dido
You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore
What It Feels Like For A Girl - Madonna
One Girl Revolution - Superchick
Broken Heels -Alexandra Burke
Strong Enough - Cher
Real Girl - Mutya Buena
Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
Go Your Own Way - The Cranberries

Not all are going to be used obviously, but I like a lot them. Go Your Own Way will be the curtain call song, that is unchangable, but I want your guys opinions slash song options. I need feminist esque songs. Oui? Possible? (And no Le Tigre. I had no idea what their songs are about, I tired really, but no.

Hope you guys are doing okay. I only got a couple comments on my map. And I do it for you guys... Merp...

1 comment:

  1. YOUR MAP WOULDN'T SHOW UP ON MY COMPUTER!! >_< But I assume I'm Hawaii`. Durrr.

    I like "You Don't Own Me." Lesley Gore in general is awesome. Yeah! "Strong Enough" seems like a really appropriate song for your scene. I'm not sure if I have any feminist songs, but I can check.

    ReplyDelete