Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flashback!

Tra la la la. Tis the beginning of a new semester, and I haven't posted in ages so I think it's time to pander on for a couple pages about myself. Yeah narcissism! I kid, I kid. Blogging is so invigorating!
(It helps that it's six in the morning.)

Wonderful things of the moment:
1. Lady Gaga - Even though she got cheated when it came to the televised show and Taylor Swift is a perky little douche bag, my dear empress is still going strong. Bad Romance is lasting, but I feel Telephone is on the fringe as replacing it as her single that is popular. I swear her and the Black Eyed-Peas are the are in a race to milk the most out of their respective audiences. Oh and the Peas should have won some more Grammys. Fucking Taylor Swift and Kings of Leon, how drawl. (Beyonce was worthy though.)

2. Lord of the Rings - I just took a LOTR literature class this Jan Term, and while I hated reading Sir Gawain and Beowulf, being the class nerd on the subject brought me great satisfaction. Kernberger is always a kook and it was very entertaining. I wish I was able to write fiction, I have so many ideas but none of those can formulate into actual writing. Sigh.

3. Dance Music in general. I have found some great songs. I feel like I need to move to Europe to find some with my interest in the music, but I think an American Dance movement is starting. Case in point the impact of Lady Gaga on music. I can hear the synthesizer in music becoming dominate. Shudder of Delight.

4. TV. Caprica is turning out to be a great show, none of you here would care because it's science fiction and I know your general opinion about scifi, but it is pretty amazing especially their portrayal of homosexuality. I can't wait for Glee to return!

Sucky and Destructive right now.

-1. Matt Sunderland. No he hasn't done anything malicious or really that callous, he is just being his normal depressing and cocky self. He keeps flaunting his position in the play around me, tugging around his script to places like the pool and the workout room. Why? To bother me of course, cause he knows how much I wanted that role and he just wants to flaunt the fact that you are apparently better. And the sad thing, is I don't think he does it intentionally all the time. I am just bothered by it. Dirty Whore. I do talk about him a lot I released. It's rather sad that he is one of my main conversation topics. I need a boy friend.

-2. Speaking of Boyfriends, WTF WORLD?!? Angst! Angry blog post!
Where is anyone for me, hmm? I mean that just doesn't want a quick fuck or lives in Nevada? I know I am not that hideous but I seem to be one of the few ones in this world who probably be alone for the rest of my life. I think that will be the case. And I sort of don't care, but I would like some attention. Hell apparently even Sunderland can get some to pay attention to him. What the fuck is wrong with me. Maybe I need more guy friends.

Other Thoughts.

A. I think I am going to try do selections from the Vagina Monologues for my advanced directing showcase (This is why I don't have a boyfriend...). I hope Janet lets me, I mean I don't cause problems, I am courteous and hard working, and this would be challenge for me. Let's have our fingers crossed!

B. I got food stamps! Yeah Food! I almost starved this Jan term cause of my stupidity. (Okay not starved, I have very generous benefactors who I love). I am such a welfare baby.




I hope everyone is well. I need to go to sleep now it is late/early. Oh and ps. I think I have a crush on Adam Lambert... (SHAME!)

LOVES
(lusts)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Steven. I miss you already. I agree Gaga was robbed. Taylor Swift's music is catchy, I have a couple songs of hers on my iPod, but she's not the best. I think the thing that bugged me even more than her beating out Gaga, Beyonce, etc. was the fact that she won so many country awards.

    I see Caprica on all the time, and I want to turn it there, and then I don't. Good story, right? Haha.

    I have no doubt you'll find someone once you leave McCrapville. It's a nice little place at times, but nowhere to find someone--at least not for the majority of the people at that school.

    Yay for monologues of the vagina persuasion and for food stamps! Hopefully you'll be able to do the monologues. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, though.

    Oh, and Matt will always and forever be...Matt. I have no doubt about that.

    I know what you mean about someone always being your topic of conversation. It goes away if you're aware of it, which you are, and you consciously try to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs! I can't wait until classes start and I actually get to see you on a regular basis. I miss your perky face!

    I didn't know Taylor Swift beat Lady Gaga... that's disappointing. I don't like country music (reminds me too much of Myrtle Point and that's just not pleasant.)... again, that's disappointing.

    I agree with Jamika about you finding someone after you leave our sad little town of Mac. It's not exactly gay friendly. And you are gooding looking! Just know that.

    Oh man! That would be so cool if you could do the V-monologues. That seems like something Janet would be cool about. She is the one who had the cast of Doll's house listen to a song about Vajayjays... so, I feel like she would be cool about it. And YAY! for food stamps!

    Matt... where to start. I understand how you feel. And, I wish Matt didn't always have to act like... Matt. But at least Brenna and I are in the play so you working on the play shouldn't be toooooo horrible with us there. Wait, Matt takes his script to the pool and to work out? How the hell does he expect to go over lines in a F***ing pool? Yeah, now he is just being a douche bag to you. That sucks.

    Ok Well, I will see you tomorrow. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night I was playing this game Quelf, and one of the things we had to do was go around in a circle and say sci-fi bad guys. I think you would've been good at that round. :)

    Sunders will never change, I think. At least not in a long time. He needs to grow up and go through some serious hardships for him to realize how obnoxious and childish he's been. That sounds bad, but I really think that's the only way a lot of people will have reality checks, it's to have real life shit happen.

    You and me, buddy, we'll be alone together! Although it's not something to be excited about, but at least we'll have each other.

    That'd be so sweet if you could do the V-Monologues!! If that happens, you must tell me! I feel like this is the new chapter for a bunch of us, theatre wise, as long as we keep putting ourselves out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to be in France with me. Dumbshit. You should just walk to New York, get the next flight out for as cheap as possible to London, and then catch the ryanair flight from London to Poitiers (To the airport my house is right next to, by the way) for 6 euros and then I will introduce you to all of the many cute and wonderful men here.

    PS-German/austrian dude is a dick. Maxime, I am still on the fence about, I have no idea if he is gay or straight... I have a feeling he's straight though. In which case, I may jump him next time I'm drunk enough.
    PPS- WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET???

    ReplyDelete